Closing Date/Time: Sun. 02/28/21
Salary: $61,057.00 Annually
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL FIREFIGHTER APPLICANTS
1. Must be a high school graduate, as evidenced by a transcript issued by an accredited high school. An achievement test certificate from an accredited high school or State Board of Education is acceptable.
2. Shall possess a valid Indiana drivers license (or obtain one within 60 days of becoming an Indiana resident) and have no more than six (6) active points.
3. Shall be a US citizen.
4. Shall be at least 21 years of age, and under the age of 36 at the date of hire. (*Indiana Title 36-8-4.7 Military Exception)
5. Shall be drug-free, and have no convictions for driving under the influence of drugs.
6. Shall have no more then two (2) alcohol-related violations.
7. Shall not have a conviction for operating a vehicle while intoxicated (OWI), or operating a vehicle with a blood alcohol content (BAC) in excess of the legal limit as set by State Law within the past 5 years.
8. Shall have no felony convictions.
9. Shall have no convictions for any Class A misdemeanor.
10. Shall have no convictions for selected Class B misdemeanors. The Fire Chief will make the final decision regarding disqualification of any convictions.
11. Shall not have received other than an honorable discharge from the military or other discharge with honorable conditions.
12. Shall reside in Hamilton County, Indiana or a county that is contiguous to Hamilton County, Indiana or a county that is noncontiguous to Hamilton County, Indiana but is not more than fifty (50) miles from the closest boundry of Carmel, Indiana within 12 months of appointment.
13. Shall agree to become certified as an Emergency Medical Technician, and may be required to become a Paramedic.
14. Must possess a current CPAT Certification – (Candidate Physical Agility Test issued January 1, 2020 or after)
If you meet these minimum standards and wish to apply, please complete the application COMPLETELY AND TRUTHFULLY.