$30,386.00 – $45,579.00 Annually
Firefighter Basics must have successfully passed all final probationary exams, drills and assessment for continued employment. Must hold and maintain a New Mexico EMT-B supplemented with a CPR certification and maintain Firefighter I standards.
• Apply all duties and responsibilities described in Probationary Firefighter Basic job description.
• Fight fire, including in or around burning structures, utilizing various methods and tools including but not limited to; hose lines, nozzles, ladders, power tools, and extinguishers.
• Perform a variety of rescues using various equipment and techniques.
• Demonstrate physical endurance, agility, dexterity, and strength necessary to perform required duties.
• Effectively communicate verbally by means of two-way radio as well as person-to-person.
• Ability to maintain cooperative relationships with fellow employees and the public.
• Attend an EMT Intermediate class within 3 years of employment.
• Understand and apply all policies, and standard operating guidelines.
• Develop a basic understanding of the Incident Management System and take command of an incident, if first on scene, until relieved.
• Develop and learn basic pump operations.
• Develop detailed knowledge of city streets, highways and county responses.
• Develop effective communication methods by completing various records, and reports, in either electronic or paper form.
• Develop self discipline with an increasing level of commitment, motivation, responsibility, accountability, self esteem and respect.
• Develop technical skills including safety, fitness, firefighting, EMS, and special operations.
• Develop and learn effective approaches to customer service.