$5,637.01 – $7,052.99 Monthly
• Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
• Must meet all other provisions established by the Civil Service Commission.
• A high school diploma or equivalent AND experience which provides the applicant with the desired knowledge, skills and abilities required to competently perform the job.
• Valid Washington State Driver License at time of hire, with driving record acceptable to the City.
• Washington State or National Registry Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification.
• Graduate of IFSAC accredited Fire Service Training Academy with Firefighter I certification.
• Ability to pass pre-employment examinations and any subsequent testing.
• Ability to pass a comprehensive background check.
• Associate’s Degree in Fire Science, Public Administration or a related field of study and
• At least five (5) years of fire suppression and emergency medical experience.
• Two (2) years current firefighting experience as a full-paid career firefighter in a municipal fire department or fire district.
• Completion of a firefighter apprenticeship program.