In this essential role with the Bozeman Fire Department you will respond to fires, medical emergencies, hazardous materials, and other emergency and non-emergency situations. This position requires excellent customer service skills and the ability to quickly establish and maintain effective working relationships with assigned supervisors, City employees, other emergency response providers, law enforcement agencies, the news media, homeowners, business owners, business and community organizations, and the general public.
This full-time career Firefighter position offers many benefits including progressive on the job training, and specialty and advancement opportunities. As a City of Bozeman employee, you will be part of a team that is committed to impacting and serving the community. This great opportunity also provides enrollment in an established retirement system with significant employer contribution, generous vacation and sick time accruals, and excellent medical/dental/vision benefits.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• High School Diploma or GED; and
• Possession of a valid CPAT completed within the last 12 months; and
• Possession of a Montana EMT-B or NREMT-B (or equivalent or better) Certification.
REQUIRED SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
• Nationally Accredited Firefighter Level I Certification desired but not required;
• Must satisfactorily complete an extensive background, driving, credit, reference check, and a psychological evaluation;
• Medical evaluation and certification required.
Complete a City of Bozeman Application online at www.bozeman.net/jobs;
• Attach a Resume and Cover Letter;
• Attach a copy of your CPAT Certificate;
• Attach a copy of your EMT-B Certification (or equivalent or better.)
• INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. PLEASE BE SURE TO SUBMIT ALL REQUESTED DOCUMENTS AND COMPLETE THE APPLICATION ENTIRELY!
It is anticipated that the hiring process will consist of the following:
• Initial phone interview (for candidates selected,) will take place the week of March 18, 2019;
• Oral interview (for candidates selected,) will take place the week of April 8, 2019;
• Psychological and medical evaluation (for candidates given a conditional offer of employment,) will take place on April 12, 2019;
• If you are coming from out of town/out of state and you are selected for an interview, please plan to be in Bozeman the week of April 8, 2019. More information/confirmation will be provided as the hiring process progresses.