$61,568.00 – $80,579.20 Annually
To be eligible to take the written exam you must:
1. Be between the ages of 18 and 35. Applicant 36 years of age or older is not eligible for a beginning position as a firefighter.
2. Be a U.S. citizen by birth or naturalization OR a permanent resident
If applicable, the following document is due by the application deadline:
• Optional: Copy of DD-214 if ever in the military. (Persons having been honorably discharged from the military service and who pass the written examination will receive an additional five (5) points to the raw score.)
The following is due by the time of hire:
• Copy of Birth Certificate
• Copy of High School Diploma or GED
• Copy of *Texas Paramedic License/Certificate OR National Registry Paramedic License/Certificate.