1. Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) recognized by the Maryland State Board of Education.
2. Must have a valid driver’s license at the time of application.
3. Must be 18 years of age at the time of application.
4. Prince George’s County High School Fire Science Program graduates (Cadets) who are 17 years of age and will turn 18 years of age before the completion of the Fire Fighter Academy Recruit Class, are eligible to apply IF, AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION they have completed and received the following certifications: Fire Fighter I, Fire Fighter II, Emergency Medical Responder, Emergency Medical Technician-Basic, Hazmat Awareness, and Hazmat Operations.
5. Must pass or have passed the Prince George’s County Fire Department’s Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) with a certification valid through July 1, 2020.
6. Must pass a Background Investigation.
7. Must pass a written examination.
Please note – using a mobile device, such as a phone, to complete this application is NOT recommended. You are highly encouraged to use a desktop or laptop computer so that you can carefully and thoroughly read and understand all aspects of applying for this position.
All male U.S. citizens, and male aliens living in the U.S., who are 18 and over are required to register with Selective Service. Please go to the Selective Service website to register or verify your registration.