Clovis New Mexico is now hiring for the job of Firefighter. This job’s salary is $31,145.00 – $46,718.00 Annually, and the job is open until filled. The requirements are:
Public Job Description
• Apply all duties and responsibilities described in Probationary Firefighter job description.
• Fight fire, including in or around burning structures, utilizing various methods and tools including but not limited to; hose lines, nozzles, ladders, power tools, and extinguishers.
• Perform a variety of rescues using various equipment and techniques.
• Demonstrate physical endurance, agility, dexterity, and strength necessary to perform required duties.
• Effectively communicate verbally by means of two-way radio as well as person-to-person.
• Ability to maintain cooperative relationships with fellow employees and the public.
• Understand and apply all policies, and standard operating guidelines.
• Develop a basic understanding of the Incident Management System and take command of an incident, if first on scene, until relieved.
• Develop and learn basic pump operations.
• Develop detailed knowledge of city streets, highways and county responses.
• Develop effective communication methods by completing various records, and reports, in either electronic or paper form.
• Develop self discipline with an increasing level of commitment, motivation, responsibility, accountability, self esteem and respect.
• Develop technical skills including safety, fitness, firefighting, and special operations.
• Develop and learn effective approaches to customer service.
• Obtain Firefighter I and II IFSAC or State of New Mexico equivalent within two years.
• Obtain New Mexico EMT Basic license within one year.
Firefighters must have obtained a Firefighter I Certification. A valid driver’s licenses is required. Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.