Gainesville Florida is now hiring for job of Firefighter. This job’s salary is $33,313.28 Annually, and the closing date is 4/5/19. The requirements are:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR FIREFIGHTER:
Graduation from high school or equivalent. Successful completion of a pre-employment physical examination and criminal history background check is required prior to employment.
UPON SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION, PROOF OF THE FOLLOWING MUST BE ATTACHED TO YOUR APPLICATION, OR PROVIDED VIA MAIL, OR FAX TO HUMAN RESOURCES @ 352-374-5233:
1. A sworn affidavit attesting to the non-use of tobacco products. Click this link (Download PDF reader) to retrieve the document.
2. Current enrollment in a state recognized Fire Academy (if non-certified at time of application). Candidate must receive State of Florida Certificate of Compliance prior to official job offer.
3. A valid Florida Driver License is required and a Motor Vehicle Record that meets the requirements of Alachua County policy # 6-7; Motor Vehicle Records will be reviewed prior to employment. If in the past 24-month period, the record shows more than 3 moving traffic violations, and/or a conviction/pending charge for driving under the influence, the minimum qualifications are not met for the position.
4. Candidates must possess a valid Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) Certificate provided by an authorized CPAT testing center prior to interview date. Valid CPAT certificates must be dated within 1 year of application date.
5. Alachua County will pay for Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) training and certification, EMT certification must be obtained within one year of employment in the FF classification. Applicants will be required to make a two year commitment as a full time certified EMT with Alachua County Fire Rescue.