MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS – FIREFIGHTER
• Be between the ages of 19 and 35, having not met the 36th birthday at the time of
• A valid Texas issued driver’s license must be obtained prior to appointment.
• Current Texas Commission on Fire Protection Basic Fire Suppression Certification
• Current National Registry Emergency Medical Technician certification or the Texas
Department of State Health Services EMT-B certification. Preference will be given to
those certified/licensed as a Texas DSHS or National Registry Paramedic.
• Successfully complete all entrance testing processes including, but not limited
to, written examination, physical agility test, oral interview, medical physical and