The Town of Addison Texas is now has a job opening for the position for Firefighter Paramedic. The salary for this job is $61,926.54 – $80,799.16 Annually. To qualify for this job, you must:
Education, Training, and Experience Guidelines
30 college credit hours towards a two year or four year college degree. Ability to establish and maintain harmonious relations with fellow employees, Town officials, and outside contracts. Safe driving record. Clear criminal background check and clear pre-employment drug screen.
- Methods of firefighting, fire prevention, emergency medical practices, and arson investigation.
- Applicable local, State, and Federal laws, codes, regulations, and ordinances.
- Leadership and personnel management practices.
- Problem solving methods.
- Work safety practices, procedures, and protocols.
- Using modern fire suppression principles to analyze and resolve operational and technical issues.
- Anticipating problems and efficiently implementing solutions.
- Following concise instructions in emergency situations.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Communicating effectively both verbally and in writing.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Must be a certified or licensed Paramedic from the Texas Department of State Health Services. Unless previously certified, Basic Firefighter training from Texas Commission on Fire Protection and Aircraft Rescue training will be required, when scheduled, as condition of continued employment.