Salary: $50,600.16 Annually
Closing Date: Ongoing
1. Must be a citizen of the United States.
2. High school graduate or equivalent required.
3. Candidate’s age must be at least twenty-one (21) years by the starting date of the Firefighter/Paramedic Class for which he/she is considered; and candidate’s age cannot exceed forty (40) years by the date of employment in this position.
4. Must be currently licensed by the State of Tennessee as a Paramedic or be eligible for reciprocity in the State of Tennessee as a licensed Paramedic and obtain State of Tennessee Paramedic licensure prior to employment. Must maintain Paramedic licensure as required by state guidelines in accordance with the Tennessee Emergency Medical Act as a condition of continued employment.
5. Must be record free of any felony and/or misdemeanor conviction involving moral turpitude and pass required background investigation.
6. Must pass comprehensive medical examination which meets the National Fire Protection Association Standards (NFPA-1582). Must pass a battery of tests which may include written fire selection tests, paramedic competency evaluation, and physical ability test. Must progress through the State of Tennessee Fire Fighter Certification Program (as specified in NFPA Standards 1001) as a condition of continued employment.
7. Must possess and maintain a valid Class D Tennessee Driver’s License with Endorsement F as a condition of continued employment. Knowledge of the Memphis geographical area preferred.