Police Officer Trainee - Nashville, Tennessee
This classification spends considerable time in a classroom environment and requires some physical exertion such as running, walking, climbing, bending, stooping, stretching, or similar activities.
Completes a basic training program that consists of courses in criminal law, firearms training, physical training, first aid, traffic accident investigation, traffic law enforcement, human relations, crime scene research, riot control, patrol procedures, departmental policies, report writing, and other related areas.
The Metro Nashville Police Department is a 24/7 operation. Employees must be able to work any day and/or shift, as needed.
At least sixty (60) semester hours of course work from an accredited college or university with an overall G.P.A. of 2.0 ("C" average) or above
*** OR ***
High school diploma or GED plus one of the following:
* at least two (2) years active military duty (Honorable Discharge)
* at least two (2) years as a full-time, certified (Tennessee P.O.S.T. Certification or equivalent State certification) active law enforcement officer
* 5 years responsible, full-time work experience
*** No Other Substitutions ***
NOTE: Once hired, employees are required to successfully complete the Metro Nashville Police Training Academy.
Valid "Class D" Driver's License
1. Must be 21 years of age and a U.S. citizen at the time of hire.
2. Far visual acuity must be at least 20/20 in the better eye and 20/30 in the other eye binocular corrected with contact lenses or spectacles. Far visual acuity uncorrected must be at least 20/100 binocular for wearers of hard contacts or spectacles. Successful long-term soft contact lens wearers shall not be subject to the uncorrected criterion. Applicants must have worn soft contacts for at least six months prior to the employment physical. *
3. Must have normal color vision.
4. Must pass a medical examination with standards set out in the Metropolitan Charter.
Law Enforcement Career Resources
Becoming A Cop DVD:
Topics include: passing the written exam, excelling at the oral board interview, passing the background check, and overcoming the polygraph jitters, getting into shape...
How to Apply
to apply online.