Salary: $38,541.71 - $50,101.53 Annually
Closing Date: Until Filled
The Metro Nashville Police Department is a 24/7 operation. Employees must be able to work any day and/or shift, as needed.
At least sixty (60) semester hours of course work from an accredited college or university with an overall G.P.A. of 2.0 ("C" average) or above
*** OR ***
High school diploma or GED plus one of the following:
* at least two (2) years active military duty (Honorable Discharge)
* at least two (2) years as a full-time, certified (Tennessee P.O.S.T. Certification or equivalent State certification) active law enforcement officer
* 5 years responsible, full-time work experience
*** No Other Substitutions ***
NOTE: Once hired, employees are required to successfully complete the Metro Nashville Police Training Academy.
Valid "Class D" Driver's License
1. Must be 21 years of age and a U.S. citizen at the time of hire, or a permanent legal resident of the United States who is an honorably discharged veteran of the United States armed forces.
2. Far visual acuity must be at least 20/20 in the better eye and 20/30 in the other eye binocular corrected with contact lenses or spectacles. Far visual acuity uncorrected must be at least 20/100 binocular for wearers of hard contacts or spectacles. Successful long-term soft contact lens wearers shall not be subject to the uncorrected criterion. Applicants must have worn soft contacts for at least six months prior to the employment physical. *
3. Must have normal color vision.
4. Must pass a medical examination with standards set out in the Metropolitan Charter.
*NOTE: The Civil Service Commission may, at the request of the Chief of Police, allow an applicant admission to the Metropolitan Police Department Training Academy, provided the applicant's overall uncorrected vision is 20/20, and has previously demonstrated the ability to complete the curriculum prescribed by the Metropolitan Police Department.