The City of De Pere is a positive, team-oriented organization with a commitment to providing exceptional customer service to its community. The City of De Pere strives to attract, develop, and retain critical talent by promoting a diversity of thought, valuing differing perspectives, and empowering employees to share their authentic viewpoints at all levels and functions within the City. Diversity and inclusiveness enhance our employee’s ability to be thoughtful, effective and efficient while providing the very highest level of municipal service to our community. If you enjoy a busy, positive work environment and the chance to contribute to the quality of life for a whole community, this job may be the right fit for you!
The City of De Pere is seeking a Captain/Field Services or Support Services to join the Police Department! This is a management supervisory position that will oversee and direct the work of the Field Services or Support Services division including operation analysis, scheduling of staff and equipment and assisting field forces. This position is one of two Captain positions with the Police Department. This vacancy is a result of a retirement. The retiring Captain has been with the department for almost 27 years and in the Captain role for 19 years. The other Captain has been with the department for 18 years and in the Captain role for 9 years. The Chief of Police has been the Chief for almost 17 years and also anticipates retiring in the next few years. The department has 6 Sergeants, 28 Patrol Officers, with a total count of 36 sworn and 5 non-sworn positions. Full position details are available on the website at www.de-pere.org; Click on the Jobs tab and then the position title.
1. United States Citizen.
2. Associate Degree in Criminal Justice, or related field, from an accredited college. Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice, Political Science, Public Administration, or a relevant degree in the social sciences, from an accredited university desired.
3. Eight years’ experience as a sworn officer.
4. Three to five years’ supervisory experience, highly desirable.
5. Wisconsin Law Enforcement Standards Board Certification, highly desirable.
6. Minimum 21 years of age.
7. Valid unencumbered Wisconsin driver’s license and safe driving record.
8. Must not have convictions of any Federal felony or any offense, which if committed in Wisconsin could be punishable as a felony unless the individual has received an unconditional pardon.
A combination of education and experience may be considered.
Typical Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., variation with approval, and occasional weekends and holidays due to special events or criminal investigations.
Salary: The full salary range is $82,659 – $113,339 plus excellent benefits package. Applicants may be hired anywhere within the range, but are typically hired between steps 1 and 6. Step 6 is $94,473.
Application Deadline: Applications are being accepted until the position is filled. Review of the applications will begin the first week of February.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking a talented and diverse workforce.
How to Apply: Apply online at www.de-pere.org; Click on the Jobs tab and then the position title.