The Fayetteville Police Department in North Carolina is currently accepting applications for Police Officer Trainee. This police job has a salary of $34,489.00- $59,099.00 per year, and there is an ongoing closing date.
* You must have a history of lawful conduct.
* You must possess high standards of honesty and integrity as demonstrated by your dealings with individuals and organizations. Falsifying, misrepresenting, or omitting information on any document or during the selection process will be closely scrutinized.
* You must respect the rights of all people and have an appreciation for the diversity that characterizes the City of Fayetteville. A history of domestic violence, physical altercations, or discourteous, abusive, or violent treatment of others may indicate a lack of self-discipline, unwillingness or inability to cooperate, or a disregard for the rights of others.
* You must have a history of making responsible choices regarding the use of drugs and alcohol. Please call to discuss your drug history prior to applying if you have used drugs to determine if you are a suitable applicant.
* Your employment and military (if applicable) histories must demonstrate the motivation and success-orientation needed to succeed as a Police Officer.
* Your financial and driving records must demonstrate responsible decisions and appropriate behavior. Please call to discuss your driving history prior to applying if you have recent charges or convictions to determine if you are a suitable applicant.
1. Must be a United States Citizen.
2. Must be a High School Graduate or have a GED. Original high school diploma or original GED with minimum total score of 225, and a minimum of 35 points for each section, required at time of application.
3. Must be at least 2O.5 years of age by the date of academy
4. Must possess a valid driver’s license and have been licensed to drive for a minimum of one year, with no loss of license within the past year and an acceptable driving record in accordance with the City of Fayetteville Driving Standard. Must possess a North Carolina driver’s license prior to beginning employment.
5. Veterans must provide proof of military service (DD-214). If currently in the military, the applicant must provide a letter from the military indicating ETS date.
6. Must be of good moral character with no record of conviction by any local, state, federal, or military court of a felony or Class A or Class B misdemeanors as defined by the Training and Standards Commission (.0111 )(3).
7. Must satisfactorily complete the steps listed in the Hiring Process.