The Ovilla Police Department is now accepting applications for the position of POLICE OFFICER and RESERVE POLICE OFFICER.
Starting pay for an entry level police officer position is $43,014.40 annually. ($20.68 per hour) Other benefits include a TMRS retirement program with a 2 to 1 match by the City and paid health insurance for employees.
· U.S. Citizen.
· High School Diploma or GED.
· 21 Years of age with a valid TX Driver’s License.
· Current TCOLE certification a plus, but not required.
· Honorable Military Discharge. (if applicable)
· Must be able to pass written exam, interview board, background check, physical
exam, psychological exam, drug screen, and additional job performance
*Interested individuals currently attending a police academy are encouraged to
Police Application packets may be downloaded from the City Web Site,
It may be picked up in person at the Ovilla Police Department, 105 S. Cockrell Hill Road, Ovilla, TX 75154 during business hours.
For additional information, please contact:
J. Bennett, Lieutenant
Ovilla Police Department – (972)617-7262